Monday, January 5, 2009

The Case of the Town Treasure!


It had been an interesting day. It got a lot more interesting when SHE walked in.


She was tall. Confident. Smart. Someone who looked like a certified PhD - Pretty High-class Dame. Someone with a story to tell.

So she told it.

It seems one night she was inside the old movie theater, doing "research" for a friend.


She came across something much more interesting than a ticket to Casablanca. It was an old piece of paper. Singed, torn, and stained. But what it said was as clear as the conscience of my second grade Sunday school teacher.

There was a treasure in town.

The dame tried to find it on her own; but all she came up with were ghosts and memories. So she came to me.

I pushed back my hat and pushed out a grunt, then stared at her.

I guess I stared a little too long - she had to ask a second time if I wanted the job of finding that treasure.

It was hard to imagine a better treasure in this town than the one I was looking at. But I needed the kind I could take to the bank.

"Sure," I told her. "Let's go on a treasure hunt."

===

The game’s afoot, fellow detectives!

Help Flatfoot Phil solve the Case of the Town Treasure. Follow the link in "Learning Links" to find more clues to this mystery, or visit www.clubed.net for links to the solution and the rest of the story.

Have fun and see you in class!

No comments: